Bathroom Floor Tile Designs and PicturesPosted: June 7, 2011 | Author: writer | Filed under: Bathroom Tiles | 1 Comment »
A popular saying by Edmund Wilson, “I have had a good many more uplifting thoughts, creative and expansive visions-while soaking in comfortable baths or drying myself after bracing showers-in well equipped American bathrooms that that I have ever had in any Cathedral.” There are so many things to consider while designing any bathroom. We can not cover all in a single article so let us start with the ground that is flooring of bathroom. These days if we say flooring that means we are referring to tiles. Tiles are such an important entity in our life. Some latest bathroom tiles are mentioned in this article. Have a look on bathroom floor tile designs and pictures.
Deciding the bathroom theme is the very first step in remodeling your bathroom. There are several bathroom themes and you can choose any one of them according to your own persona. It is very important that the floor must work with other components of the room to represent the overall aesthetic. Some bathroom themes are: Traditional, Contemporary, Modern and Art decor.
Some spectacular combinations are
- Wide oak planks paired with an antique clawfoot tub. This combination embraced the 20th century.
- Sleek, slate floor beneath polished granite countertops. This is one of the well recognized contemporary bathroom designs.
- Crisp Carrera marble floor tile mixed with mahogany cabinets. This represents a classic timeless look.
- Repeat the same subtle textured stone surface on the walls and floor of bathroom. If you really want to enjoy a relaxing and restful retreat in your bathroom then this is the perfect décor without pondering over the color combination.
Some ideas from interior decorators
- Bathroom flooring is done in such a manner to delineate the function areas of each of the spaces. That is the flooring must differ with every function area such as bathing, grooming and relaxing. Use this method for master bathroom plan.
- A sample master bedroom plan representing harmonious hues which provides contrast to each other and delineates the areas as well.
Central part of the bathroom- Terra-cotta colored porcelain tiles.
Shower and tub area- Sections of tumbled limestone.
Sleeping area or sitting room- use the same type of tiles for flooring. It not only provides a streamlined look but also smooth transition between the two spaces. You can use this in both large and small area.
- Use foot cradle for the bath tub.
- Install radiant heat system.
You can never welcome morning till the time you have to step on cold tiles. Radiant heat system is installed between the tile and the subfloor. You can contact the flooring contractors and tile showrooms for radiant heat system. They are available in various types. To outfit a 5 by 7 foot bath you have to spend roundabout $ 1000.
Bathroom floor tile designs and pictures
Bathroom tiles designs and pictures shown in the pictures involve various materials. These are common material which are used in a distinguish manner to provide a unique look.
- White marble tile: This reflects a great amount of light. Picture shows the metal finish on a concrete tile. You can also use small glass mosaic tiles as a splashback around a stone sink.
- Use large floor tiles and small mosaic tiles on the flooring in such combination of shades which matches with the bath tub.
- Metals: Several metals like brushed copper, stainless steel and satin bronze are becoming an important part of bathroom décor. Metal serves both the purpose of designing and quality. You can use them in an accent pattern rather than layering it on the whole wall. Stainless steel is for contemporary look where as bronze and copper provide antique feel.
- Glazed Ceramic: Check the durability of glazed ceramic tiles prior making a decision. It is rated on a scale of 1 to 10 on the basis of hardness. Make your choice accordingly.
- Glazed Porcelain: It is less prone to chipping and cracking. They are known for their durability and can maintain color and shine even after so many years of wear.
- Stone tile: This is one of the time-honored choices of interior decorators. Stone tiles are available in both shine finish and matte finish. Shine finish reflects light whereas matte finish absorbs light.
- Terra-Cotta: The irregular shapes and uneven texture of terra-cotta can provide new dimensions to your bathroom. These are hand crafted and therefore represents warm and rustic ambiance. Refer to the experts before using it for bathroom flooring.
- Recycled materials: Science is at such a level that it has made an eco-friendly tile as well. Recycled tiles are widely available these days. If available then why not go for it. These are slip resistant and possess various other properties.
- Glass: depth, dimension and visual variations of glass tile make it so popular among the interior designers.
These were the few bathroom floor tile designs and pictures. On the market demand manufacturers are expanding their lines to include a broader spectrum of tiles varieties. Take help of various magazines and designers to design your bathroom in a distinguishing manner.