How To Clean Bathroom TilesPosted: June 4, 2011 | Author: writer | Filed under: Bathroom Tiles | 3 Comments »
There are very few people who possess the correct knowledge of how to clean bathroom tiles. Cleaning is not a cake walk to do. Everybody likes a cleaned environment but there are few who really wants to do cleaning especially bathroom. But the fact is that bathroom is the most expensive room of your house which requires proper maintenance as well. Tiles are durable, sturdy, and easy to clean and come in various designs. Therefore it is one of the most preferable materials rather than soft and sensitive marble. The dirt on the bathroom tiles are somewhat robust and difficult to remove. So you have to work hard initially.
Targets while cleaning the bathroom tiles
- Tiles accumulates mineral and soap deposits. So while cleaning them you have to remove them.
- Mildew and mold growth in the tiles.
- Stains of spills on the tiles.
Importance of a well maintained and clean bathroom
- Increases the sale of your house.
- Less chances of getting any type of skin disease.
Things required for cleaning bathroom tiles
- Cleaner spray
- Scrub sponge
- Grout brush: It is stronger than toothbrush therefore capable of removing all types of stains including most stubborn stains. Avoid using acids on the grout of the tiles. Acids are very strong and thus capable enough to break the mortar.
Some recommended cleaners or sprays to clean bathroom tiles
There are several cleaners available for tiles and grouts which are made especially for this purpose. Wear gloves and socks while applying them on the bathroom floor as they contain harsh chemicals. Some well known cleaners are mentioned below:
- Organic tile cleaner which is a complete natural product. This also reduces any type of chemical infection.
- Leave the solution for at least 15 minutes for best results. Do this with any type of cleaner or solution. Read the instructions at the back of the product.
How to clean bathroom tiles?
- Wipe out the tiles the moment spills happens.
- Frequent maintenance and regular cleaning prevents stubborn stains.
- Scrub the dirty area with the scrub sponge. First clean the surface and then the grout. Use warm water to rinse the floor after scrubbing.
- Use alcohol solution to clean the bathroom tiles. You can also make use of white vinegar which is available in almost every home.
- Use the above mentioned cleaners to clean the bathroom tiles. They are already been experimented by many. Use warm water to rinse the cleaner off the tiles.
- Make use of weak bleach solution to get rid of stubborn stains on tiles.
- The major portion of dirt and stains is the grout between tiles. So your preference should be cleaning the grout.
- Tackle the mold and mildew on the shower tiles with the use of bleach. Bleaching powder is a harsh chemical so make use of mask while applying it. Mold and mildew are the result of moisture. Keep it dry either by proper air circulation or bathroom fans.
- Make use of microfiber mops. They are effective in cleaning the floor with lesser efforts.
- Add citric acid or lemon juice to your cleaning solution. This leaves a relaxing aroma in your bathroom.
Get some additional tips from the video
Dirty bathroom tiles if not removed initially then they can pop the major problems. The dirt and moisture can cause bacteria and microbes infection which can lead to skin infection while taking bath. Problems are just like the popping bubbles if you know the right solution. Similarly if you know how to clean bathroom tiles and its grout then your bacteria and other microbes will never harbor your bathroom.