Mosaic Floor Tile PatternsPosted: June 6, 2011 | Author: writer | Filed under: Bathroom Tiles | 1 Comment »
Sometimes nothing is like a retro design. Mosaic tiles are the perfect example of retro fashion which is still so popular. Mosaic floor tile patterns will never be out of fashion. There are still many houses where mosaic is the important part of decoration. Flooring which contains tiles which are shorter than 2 inches and are in various geometrical shapes are composed of mosaic floor patterns. Mosaic tiles are made up of porcelain and ceramics. If you want something colorful, durable and frost proof then you can go for porcelain mosaics. Mosaics are quite flexible as you can plan any design by mixing other materials with them. When you are planning for pattern and color of mosaic flooring take concern of adjacent rooms as well.
Mosaics are used for:
They can be either of kitchen or bathroom.
You can lay mosaic to almost any part of your house.
Numerous mosaic floor tile patterns are available in the market. Few are mentioned here just to have some knowledge.
Geometric-weave Spanish ceramic tile, Brick weave, Alternating Vertical, Corridor, Checkered Squares, Multi Pinwheel, Windmill, Diamond, Steppingstone, Lacework, Brickwork Square, Mini Grid, Pinwheel, Cobblestone, Hexagon with Dot, Herringbone, Brickwork, Hopscotch, Checkerboard, Basket weave, Steppingstone, to name a few.
- You can develop almost any type of design with mosaic tiles. Suppose you can use contemporary colors to give a modern touch to the retro design.
- Using penny tiles are also not a bad idea. Both forms of penny tiles whether single color pattern or a mixture of several colors are capable enough to provide new dimensions to your house.
- Try something different from black and white to spice up your mosaic floor tile pattern. Go for blue, green, gold and cream for mosaic patterns. The color must match your mosaic floor pattern and décor of your house.
Some traditional mosaic patterns
This is very popular kitchen pattern. You can apply this on your family room as well as it represents somewhat informal pattern.
Other mosaic floor tile patterns are Targets, Octagons, Dots, some are explained below to provide an idea.
These days they have been so beautifully designed that you do not want to step on them. If you have larger rooms then only go for mosaic rugs. In this case you do not have to cover entire room with mosaic but an area can be enough. In fact it can provide an special touch to an area. Lay them down as rugs or carpet.
Custom Mosaic Floor Patterns
You can design your own mosaic patterns though many are available as readymade patterns.
This is one of our traditional mosaic floor tile patterns. It is very flexible to use it as you can develop any design with it. Most often it is black or white which strike to the common people but interior decorators always recommend using other colors as well add up the spice.
Herringbone floor tile patterns
Do not forget to apply it during brick application if you want that real effect of Herringbone floor tile patterns. These are rectangular shaped tiles that are arranged at right angles. It is used to get that deep and textured appeal.
You can add the fourth dimension to your room geometry by the use of borders to mosaic flooring. Make borders at place of furniture or doors.
Mosaic floor tile patterns and their impact
- Room looks smaller than their actual size with large patterns and dark or bright colors.
- Room looks larger than their actual size with tight patterns and light colors.
- To have a calm and peaceful environment install some simple designs or patterns.
- If you want something colorful and spicy then intricate mosaic pattern is a perfect choice.
- Last but not the least, choose the one which matches all and takes less time to get installed.
Mosaic floor tile patterns are those which enhances your interior decorations. With mosaic you can reflect your creativity as much you want. Remember your house decor represents your own personality.